Oopsy, if you happen to purchase a soap bar with no codes inside the wrapper please call our customer careline on 0860-572-861 issue you with a unique code. For full details see clause 8 below.
1. The promoter is Unilever South Africa (Pty) Ltd (“the Promoter”).
2. The promotional competition is open to all South African residents in possession of a valid identity document over the age of 18 years
3. The promotional competition is not open to any director, member, partner, employee, agent or consultant of the Promoter, the marketing service providers or any person who directly or indirectly controls or is controlled by these entities, including their spouses, life partners, business partners or immediate family members.
4. Any participant under the age of 18 years must be fully assisted by his/her guardian, who approves of and consents to the participant’s participation in the competition and the participant’s receipt/possession of the prize.
5. By participating in this competition participants agree to receive future marketing material from the brand/s on promotion. However, the participant has the right to unsubscribe to receiving marketing material or request the promoter to delete their information by contacting the Promoter at 15 Nollsworth Crescent, Nollsworth Park, La Lucia, 4051 Att: Legal Department or opting out from any electronic marketing message.
7. This promotional competition is open from 25 February 2019 and ends at 12am (midnight) on 31 May 2019. Any entries received after the closing date will not be considered.
8. To enter, participants will be required to purchase any 2 (two) or more Lux or Lifebuoy 175g soap bars
- The number of products required to enter: A minimum of 2 (two) soap bars and a maximum of 5 (five) soap bars
- Participating products: All Lux & Lifebuoy 175g soap bars
- Retailers where participating products must be purchased from: All South African retailers that sell the participating products
All Products have unique codes printed inside the wrapper with the competition USSD code - *120*753*.
- When the Entrants purchase the requisite quantities of participating products, they must dial the USSD line followed by the unique code inside the pack and the # key.
- They will then be taken to the competition landing page where they will be prompted to enter the unique codes printed inside the wrapper.
- If the codes entered are correct and at least one of the codes is a winning code, they will receive a confirmation SMS informing them that they have won a Prize with details of the Prize won and method of redeeming the prize.
The prize that the Entrant is eligible for is determined by how many unique codes they enter – i.e. 2 codes = airtime, 3 codes = data, 5 codes = cash.
The charges for the USSD line is 20 cents per 20 seconds.
If the Entrant purchases the participating products during the competition period (25 February – 31 May 2019) and the participating products don’t contain unique codes in the wrapper the Entrant can call the Unilever South Africa Consumer Care line on 0860-572-861 with the proof of purchase. The Entrant will then be issued with the relevant number of unique codes that they can then use to enter the competition:
- 2 participating products purchased = 2 unique codes will be issued
- 3 participating products purchased = 3 unique codes will be issued
- 5 participating products purchased = 5 unique codes will be issued
9. Participants must keep their till slip as proof of purchase.
10. Participants may enter as many times as they wish provided that each entry is associated with a separate purchase and unique code.
11. The prize is Entrants stand a chance to win their share of R10 million worth of airtime, data or cash that will be awarded to the Winners of the Contest.
The breakdown of the prize is as below:
- Entrants purchasing 2 (two) units of the Participating Products will win a share of R2 million in instant airtime;
- Entrants purchasing 3 (three) units of the Participating Products stand a chance to win a share of R3 million in instant data; and
- Entrants purchasing 5 (five) units of the Participating Products stand a chance to win a share of R5 million in instant cash;
- The airtime prize entitles the bearer to R10 (ten Rand) airtime (or cell phone provider equivalent).
- The airtime pin code will be sent via SMS to the winner’s mobile number after following the redemption steps:
- The prize winner will be required to follow the instructions to load airtime.
- The winner’s mobile network determines their eligibility to load the airtime and it is the winner’s responsibility to contact their network should they be unable to load the airtime.
- The data prize entitles the bearer to 100mb data (or cell phone provider equivalent).
- The data pin code will be sent via SMS to the winner’s mobile number after following the redemption steps.
- The prize winner will be required to follow the instructions to load data.
- The winner’s mobile network determines their eligibility to load the data and it is the winner’s responsibility to contact their network should they be unable to load the data.
- Vodacom network users will be sent airtime in place of the data, which can be converted into data by the user.
- The cash prize entitles the bearer to R60 (sixty Rand) cash, which will be sent via ABSA CashSend.
- The winner will receive two CashSend SMSes in the winner’s mobile number after following the redemption steps. Both SMSes will be required to be used to draw the cash.
- The participant has 30 (thirty) days from receiving their ABSA Cash Send SMSes to redeem their cash. Any ABSA CashSend not used within the 30 (thirty) days will be forfeited.
ABSA Cash Send Redemption:
- Qualifying Participants will be sent an ABSA branded SMS with a 10 digit pin code.
- The qualifying participant will then also receive a second SMS with a 6 digit code and the value of the prize.
- To claim the cash prize, participants will need to go to an ABSA ATM (ABSA Cash Expresses and other banks and their ATMs are not included).
- At the ABSA ATM the winner will need to choose the CashSend option on the screen, enter in the 10 digit code found in the first SMS and click proceed/ continue/ enter.
- Then enter the 6 digit code pin code found in the second SMS and click proceed/ continue/ enter.
- After entering the full value of the prize at the ATM, the ATM will give you your money with a receipt.
- If the winner does not withdraw the full amount, they will forfeit the rest of their prize.
- The CashSend must be redeemed within 30 days of receiving the ABSA CashSend SMSes. If the CashSend is not claimed within 30 days of received the ABSA CashSend SMSes, the winner will forfeit their prize.
- Only one redemption per 10 digit is allowed. If the full amount of the CashSend is not claimed in the first withdrawal, the remaining value will be forfeited.
- For any problems in redeeming the cash prize at the ATM, the winner can call the ABSA helpline on 0860 111 123.
- If for any reason a ABSA ATM does not have relevant cash notes available, the winner will have to try another ABSA ATM to withdrawal the cash prize.
- Visit http://c3prepaid.co.za/index.php/cashsend-t-s-c-s to view CashSend terms and conditions.
12. Any Prize not taken up for any reason within two months of notification will be forfeited.
13. Prizes are not exchangeable for cash or transferable.
14. There is a maximum of R10 million worth of prizes to be won.
15. The Winner will be selected by means of a random draw that takes place immediately after they’ve entered and will be notified immediately via SMS.
16. Winners will receive an SMS prompting the winner to dial into the USSD string to claim their reward. The charges for the USSD line is 20 cents per 20 seconds.
17. The customer will need to dial into the USSD string and will be prompted to enter in their unique winning pin code to claim their prize.
18. Once the customer has dialled into the USSD string and entered in their unique winning pin code to claim their prize, their prize will be sent to them via SMS. Airtime and data prizes will be delivered immediately or within 24 hours (depending on the customers network) and Cash SMSes and steps to draw cash will be delivered the next working day after the customer has redeemed their reward.
19. A copy of these rules can be found on the following websites lifebuoy and lux.com throughout the period of the competition or can be obtained from the Consumer Call Centre on telephone number 0860-572-861.
20. The Promoter shall not be responsible for any lost, damaged, delayed, incorrect or incomplete entries for any reason whatsoever. Proof of sending will not be accepted as proof of receipt.
21. The Promoter shall not be responsible for the failure of any technical element relating to this promotion that may result in an entry not being successfully submitted.
22. Responsibility is not accepted for entries lost, damaged or delayed as a result of any network, computer or cell phone hardware or software failure of any kind. Proof of sending will not be accepted as proof of receipt.
23. The Promoter reserves the right to disqualify any claim if fraud or cheating is suspected, including without limitation, through the manipulation of code or otherwise frequently falsifying data.
24. No applications from agents, third parties, organised groups or applications automatically generated by computer will be accepted. No incomplete or corrupted entries will be accepted. Entries will only be accepted if they comply with all entry instructions.
25. NOTE: Any attempt to use multiple e-mail, cell phone or Facebook accounts or other tactics to enter or vote more than the stated limit may result in disqualification and all associated entries and/or votes will be void.
Entries or votes generated by script, macro, bot, commercial contest subscription, incentives or other means not sponsored by the Promoter, vote-swapping sites, voting software, entering service sites or any other automated means and entries or votes by any means that subvert the entry/voting process or do not conform to the terms or spirit of these competition rules, will void the entry/votes and may disqualify the entrant.
26. The prize is not exchangeable for cash and is not transferrable.
27. The Promoter reserves the right to use the images taken of the Winner for publicity purposes in any manner they deem fit, without remuneration being made payable to the Winner. However, the Winner has the right to object to these images being used by written notification to the Promoter at 15 Nollsworth Crescent, Nollsworth Park, La Lucia, 4051 Att: Legal Department.
28. The Promoter shall have the right to change or terminate the promotional competition immediately and without notice, if deemed necessary in its opinion and if circumstances arise outside of their control. In the event of such change or termination, all participants agree to waive any rights that they have in respect of this promotional competition and acknowledge that they will have no recourse against the Promoter or its agents.
29. In the event that the Prize is not available despite the Promoter’s reasonable endeavours to procure the Prize, the Promoter reserves the right to substitute the Prize of equal value.
30. Neither the Promoter, its agents, its associated companies, nor any directors, officers or employees of such, shall be liable for any loss or damage, whether direct, indirect, consequential or otherwise arising from any cause whatsoever, which may be suffered by the participant or the Winner.
31. The judges’ decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
32. Participation in the promotional competition constitutes acceptance of the promotional competition rules and participants agree to abide by the rules.
33. This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Facebook and the participants acknowledge that they are providing information to the Promoter and its agents only and not to Facebook.
34. All participants in this Competition release Facebook from all liabilities and claims arising out of or in connection with this competition and these terms and conditions.
35. This promotional competition is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Telkom, MTN, Vodacom and Cell C and the participants acknowledge that they are providing information to the Promoter and its agents only and not to telephone networks.
36. All participants in this competition release Telkom, MTN, Vodacom and Cell C from all liabilities and claims arising out of or in connection with this competition and these terms and conditions.