TERMS & CONDITIONS
1. The promoter is Unilever South Africa (Pty) Ltd (“the Promoter”).
2. The promotional competition is open to all South African residents in possession of a valid identity document over the age of 18 years.
3. The promotional competition is not open to any director, member, partner, employee, agent or consultant of the Promoter, the marketing service providers or any person who directly or indirectly controls or is controlled by these entities, including their spouses, life partners, business partners or immediate family members.
4. Any participant under the age of 18 years must be fully assisted by his/her guardian, who approves of and consents to the participant’s participation in the competition and the participant’s receipt/possession of the prize.
5. By participating in this competition participants agree to receive future marketing material from the brand/s on promotion. However, the participant has the right to unsubscribe to receiving marketing material or request the promoter to delete their information by contacting the Promoter at 15 Nollsworth Crescent, Nollsworth Park, La Lucia, 4051 Att: Legal Department or opting out from any electronic marketing message.
7. This promotional competition is open from 08 June 2020 and ends at 12 am (midnight) on 31 July 2020. Any entries received after the closing date will not be considered.
8. To enter, participants will be required to enter the profiling questions on the Facebook Lead Generation Form. Once the profiling questions have been answered, the participant needs to click submit.
9. Participants will have the option to opt-in or opt-out from receiving further communication from LUX South Africa and other Unilever brands. This however will not affect the participants chances of winning.
10. Participants will have the option to view the T&Cs or click through to the LUX website.
11. Participants may only enter once.
12. The prize is for 5 (five) participants and is valued at R3350 each.
13. Participants must enter in their correct contact details. If a Winner has given incorrect contact details, the Promoter reserves the right to select another Winner in terms of the rules.
14. Any Prize not taken up for any reason within 24 hours of notification will be forfeited.
15. Prizes are not exchangeable for cash or transferable.
16. 1 (one) participant will be selected as winner (the “winner”) on a weekly basis to receive a prize, for a duration of 5 (five) weeks). The first winner will be selected on Friday 3 July 2020, which then every Friday thereafter, until Friday 31 July 2020.
17. The Winner will be required to provide their name, ID number, Copy of their identity document, contact details and sign an acknowledgment of receipt of the prize.
18. The Winner will be selected by means of a random draw and will be notified telephonically where the Winner will be required to verify their details. The Promoter (or their agent) will endeavour to contact the prize Winner once every day for 1 working day after their name is drawn. If the Prize Winner cannot be contacted during this period, the Prize will be forfeited and another Winner will be selected in accordance with the rules.
DELIVERY OF PRIZE
19. The Prize includes delivery and the Winner will be required to provide the Promoter with a valid day time delivery address to enable delivery. Due to COVID-19 restrictions, there may be delays in the delivery of prizes.
20. Each hamper consists of the following products
a. LUX Product
b. Satin Gown
c. Face Mask
d. Eye Mask
e. Flower Crown
f. Satin pillowcase
21. Products contained in the hamper are not negotiable and cannot be redeemed for cash.
22. A copy of these rules can be found on the following website https://www.lux.com/za/home.html throughout the period of the competition or can be obtained from the Consumer Call Centre on telephone number 0860-572-861.
23. Failure to claim the Prize or a refusal or inability to required documentation or comply with any of the competition requirements within 2 months will disqualify the Winner and a new Winner will be drawn in terms of these rules.
24. The Promoter shall not be responsible for any lost, damaged, delayed, incorrect, or incomplete entries for any reason whatsoever. Proof of sending will not be accepted as proof of receipt.
25. The Promoter shall not be responsible for the failure of any technical element relating to this promotion that may result in an entry not being successfully submitted.
26. Responsibility is not accepted for entries lost, damaged or delayed as a result of any network, computer or cell phone hardware or software failure of any kind. Proof of sending will not be accepted as proof of receipt.
27. The Promoter reserves the right to disqualify any claim if fraud or cheating is suspected, including without limitation, through the manipulation of code or otherwise frequently falsifying data.
28. No applications from agents, third parties, organised groups, or applications automatically generated by computer will be accepted. No incomplete or corrupted entries will be accepted. Entries will only be accepted if they comply with all entry instructions.
29. NOTE: Any attempt to use multiple e-mails, cell phone or Facebook accounts or other tactics to enter or vote more than the stated limit may result in disqualification and all associated entries and/or votes will be void. Entries or votes generated by script, macro, bot, commercial contest subscription, incentives or other means not sponsored by the Promoter, vote-swapping sites, voting software, entering service sites or any other automated means.
Entries or votes by any means that subvert the entry/voting process or do not conform to the terms or spirit of these competition rules, will void the entry/votes and may disqualify the entrant.
30. The prize is not exchangeable for cash and is not transferrable.
31. The Promoter reserves the right to use the images taken of the Winner for publicity purposes in any manner they deem fit, without remuneration being made payable to the Winner. However, the Winner has the right to object to these images being used by written notification to the Promoter at 15 Nollsworth Crescent, Nollsworth Park, La Lucia, 4051 Att: Legal Department.
32. The Promoter shall have the right to change or terminate the promotional competition immediately and without notice, if deemed necessary in its opinion and if circumstances arise outside of their control. In the event of such change or termination, all participants agree to waive any rights that they have in respect of this promotional competition and acknowledge that they will have no recourse against the Promoter or its agents.
33. In the event that the Prize is not available despite the Promoter’s reasonable endeavours to procure the Prize, the Promoter reserves the right to substitute the Prize of equal value.
34. Neither the Promoter, its agents, its associated companies, nor any directors, officers or employees of such, shall be liable for any loss or damage, whether direct, indirect, consequential or otherwise arising from any cause whatsoever, which may be suffered by the participant or the Winner.
35. The judges’ decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
36. Participation in the promotional competition constitutes acceptance of the promotional competition rules and participants agree to abide by the rules.
37. This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Facebook and the participants acknowledge that they are providing information to the Promoter and its agents only and not to Facebook.
38. All participants in this Competition release Facebook from all liabilities and claims arising out of or in connection with this competition and these terms and conditions.
39. This promotional competition is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Telkom, MTN, Vodacom and Cell C and the participants acknowledge that they are providing information to the Promoter and its agents only and not to telephone networks.
40. All participants in this competition release Telkom, MTN, Vodacom and Cell C from all liabilities and claims arising out of or in connection with this competition and these terms and conditions.
41. The Promoter reserves the right to delete any information uploaded by a participant which the Promoter, in its absolute discretion, believes is illegal, obscene, offensive or defamatory, or infringes the intellectual property rights of a third party, or is otherwise inappropriate for a campaign designed for mass audience entertainment.
42. Participants warrant that they have full rights to the images and stories that they upload and that the use of the said material shall not constitute a breach of any third party’s copyright or other intellectual property rights.
43. Participants agree that by uploading their “images” and/or stories, they grant permission to the Promoter to use the images or stories or any part thereof, in any and all media for promotional / marketing purposes with no consideration payable to the participants.